Wisconsin Retail Assessment Project
WRAP (Wisconsin Retail Assessment Project) is a statewide initiative focused on the tobacco retail environment. Starting in 2016 as a pilot project in the Milwaukee area, WRAP went statewide from 2017-2019 as tobacco-free coalitions collected data on tobacco products, prices, placement, and promotion. Research links these marketing tactics to increased youth tobacco initiation and access, as well as decreases in quit attempts. Click here for recent research from the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids.
View Wisconsin Retail Assessment (WRAP) Findings Map below. These Wisconsin Assembly Districts exceed determined data thresholds in measured areas of the Wisconsin Retail Assessment Project. Assessment categories include proximity of tobacco retailers to one another, tobacco retailer proximity to schools/playgrounds, cheapest non-menthol cigarette price, cheapest menthol cigarette price, cigarillo availability and promotions prevalence, e-cigarette promotions prevalence, smokeless tobacco promotions prevalence, and prevalence of retailers selling tobacco products to youth.
Click on the county groupings below to view one pagers that compare county-level data to state averages. These data comparisons show where youth and tobacco users are most vulnerable.
- 5 Counties for Tobacco-Free Living - Fond du Lac and Marquette
- 7 Counties Health Initiative - Buffalo, Jackson, Monroe, Trempealeau, La Crosse, Vernon, and Crawford
- Community Action for Health Living - Brown, Calumet, and Outagamie
- Central Wisconsin - Marathon and Portage
- City of Milwaukee - Milwaukee Collaborative Project 2016-2019
- Columbia-Dane County Coalition - Columbia and Dane
- Tobacco-Free Community Partnership - Dodge, Jefferson, and Waukesha
- KRW Tobacco-Free Coalition - Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth
- Northwoods Tobacco-Free Coalition - Lincoln, Oneida, and Vilas
- Northwest Wisconsin Tobacco-Free Coalition - Ashland, Douglas, Sawyer, and Bayfield
- re:TH!NK - Manitowoc, Sheboygan, and Winnebago
- South Central Wisconsin Tobacco-free Coalition - Adams, Juneau, Richland, and Sauk
- Southwest Alliance for Tobacco Prevention - Grant, Lafayette, and Rock
- Tobacco-Free Suburban Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties - Milwaukee and Ozaukee *
- Western Wisconsin Working for Tobacco-Free Living - Barron, Burnett, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, and St. Croix