Wisconsin Retail Assessment Project
From 2017 to 2019, local tobacco free coalitions participated in a statewide assessment of the tobacco retail environment. The Milwaukee area piloted the project in 2016. This data collection highlights information on tobacco products, prices, placement, and promotion. Research links these marketing tactics to increased youth tobacco initiation and access, as well as decreases in quit attempts.
Click on the county groupings below to view one pagers that compare county-level data to state averages. These data comparisons show where youth and tobacco users are most vulnerable.
- 5 Counties for Tobacco-Free Living - Fond du Lac and Marquette
- 7 Counties Health Initiative - Buffalo, Jackson, Monroe, Trempealeau, La Crosse, Vernon, and Crawford
- Community Action for Health Living - Brown, Calumet, and Outagamie
- Central Wisconsin - Marathon and Portage
- Columbia-Dane County Coalition - Columbia and Dane
- Tobacco-Free Community Partnership - Dodge, Jefferson, and Waukesha
- KRW Tobacco-Free Coalition - Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth
- Northwoods Tobacco-Free Coalition - Lincoln, Oneida, and Vilas
- Northwest Wisconsin Tobacco-Free Coalition - Ashland, Douglas, Sawyer, and Bayfield
- re:TH!NK - Manitowoc, Sheboygan, and Winnebago
- South Central Wisconsin Tobacco-free Coalition - Adams, Juneau, Richland, and Sauk
- Southwest Alliance for Tobacco Prevention - Grant, Lafayette, and Rock
- Tobacco-Free Suburban Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties - Milwaukee and Ozaukee *
- Western Wisconsin Working for Tobacco-Free Living - Barron, Burnett, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, and St. Croix
* Note that the City of Milwaukee receives additional analysis, and its one pager will be uploaded when available.